It's just about the 4th of July People. Time to celebrate America. Old Glory. Stars and Stripes. Fireworks. Basically all the awesome stuff.
Here are 5 things that you don't know about Old Glory unless you are a total Flag Nerd (which we totally respect)....
1. Betsy Ross is credited with designing the original flag though there is no historical evidence confirming this. ...oh, except that her grandson said that she did it ...100 years later.
2. The current 50 States flag was designed by then highschool student Robert G. Heft for a class project. He recieved a B-. Then in 1959 President Dwight Eisenhower selected Heft's design. Heft promptly gave his teacher the bird. There is no historical evidence confirming this last part either.
3. "Old Glory" was actually the name of a specific flag. It was sea captain William Driver's. It was given to him by the "Women" of his hometown Salem, Massachusetts. Aight baller...
4. In the opening credits of Gilligan's Island (at :22) one can see Old Glory flying at half mast. This was due to the fact that the day of this shoot was Nov. 22, 1963, the day that Kennedy was shot. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the internet is filled with all kinds of bizaar and useless information.
5. There are 6 US Flags on the moon. 5 of them are standing. The sixth was blown over by Apollo 11's exhaust as Buzz and Neil departed. ...that is if you believe we made it to the moon. Oh that Hollywood.